Come work with us!
Redhead Creamery is a family-run and owned, farmstead cheesemaking operation. We utilize the milk from our family’s 200-cow dairy herd, Jer-Lindy Farms. We are committed to producing the highest quality food, and producing a sustainable business in environmental, fiscal and social aspects. And, most importantly, we love what we do! We're a passionate bunch who like to work hard as well as have fun, so if this sounds like a good fit... keep reading about our specific job openings and how to apply!
- Safety Focus -
Redhead Creamery is currently accepting applications for a 1/2-full time assistant cheesemaker position. Time worked will include weekdays, some weeknights and weekends. 20–40 hours per week.
The position’s responsibilities will include assisting the cheesemaker with cheese production, affinage, packaging and shipping, cleaning, and sanitation, as well as routine taste testing. This position is responsible for helping to ensure that food products meet standards set by both company and regulatory authorities. This includes reviewing and developing quality and safety policies. Should be knowledgeable about food safety standards that are customary within the food industry and mandated by government regulations. Basically, if you’re a stickler for rules and like to cross things off your to do list, consider this position!
Additional opportunities will include interacting with consumers directly through trade shows, the Redhead Creamery on-farm cheese shop (including tours and special events) and private dinners, as well as assisting on the dairy farm side.
- Farm and producer trips
- 20% employee discount
- Applicants should be self-starters with a can-do attitude, and capable of working with a team or independently.
- Applicants need to thrive in a fast-pace environment with varied responsibilities, able to lift 50 pounds easily and be detail-oriented. Dairy manufacturing and/or food background is preferred.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks
- Ability to work independently and with a team to carry out the standard protocols of the creamery
- Food handling/safety experience
- Evidence of effective oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented person
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, unassisted
- Experience with FSMA, USDA or FDA food requirements
- Degree in Dairy Manufacturing, Dairy Science, Food Science or related field
HOW TO APPLY :
Candidates should send a cover letter (include a detailed description of interests, skills, and experiences), résumé, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of two references. References will be contacted only for those applicants judged most appropriate.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. For further information, please contact Alise Sjostrom at 320–346-2246 or use the contact form here.