Come work with us!
Redhead Creamery is a family-run and owned, farmstead cheesemaking operation. We utilize the milk from our family’s 200-cow dairy herd, Jer-Lindy Farms. We are committed to producing the highest quality food, and producing a sustainable business in environmental, fiscal and social aspects. And, most importantly, we love what we do! We're a passionate bunch who like to work hard as well as have fun, so if this sounds like a good fit... keep reading about our specific job openings and how to apply!
HOME DELIVERY AND DISTRIBUTION DRIVER
We are seeking a driver to help us get our ridiculously good cheeses and other locally sourced products to the homes of our customers as well as our wholesale accounts. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and commitment to quality. Of note, you are courteous and considerate, understanding that your regular interaction with our customers is a reflection upon our brand.
Our home delivery driver needs to be available for full days as routes normally include 20 or so stops and run typically from 6:00am-4:00pm We deliver primarily Wednesday/Thursday and are seeking folks to help with both days, but will also consider those interested in working just 1 of those days on a set schedule as well.
All drivers are placed on our insurance and use our company vehicle for deliveries: GMC Savana. We also use a program to set up all delivery routes that we provide drivers to track them through the day for both efficiency and driver safety and peace of mind.
General responsibilities include:
- Perform the accurate & timely distribution of many deliveries and pick-ups daily
- Maintains delivery logs
- Make last minute deliveries after regular route on occasion
- Understands and acts on the importance of temperature control for perishable products
- Facilitate feedback as necessary between accounts and RHC team
- Maintain functionality and cleanliness of RHC’s delivery van
- Exercise strict adherence to city parking and traffic regulations
- Communicate promptly, effectively and respectfully with all accounts and members of the RHC team
- Support Parlor with assistance for special events as necessary
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Qualifications — Required
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Must have clean background check
- Friendly and personable
- Prompt, responsible and reliable
- Must exhibit good judgement
- Thinks and moves quickly in a fast paced environment with many moving parts
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50 lbs throughout the day
- Ability to read spreadsheets and use computers a plus!
- Must be available for standing Wednesday and Thursday delivery routes, with possibility of additional routes
Qualifications — Preferred
We’re Looking for Someone Who:
- Is a creative problem solver
- Is obsessed with double checking details
- Is quick to offer thoughtful approaches to any challenge
- One year or more experience driving delivery vehicle
- Has a vision for growth and improvement
- Seeks maximum efficiency
- Is indefinitely optimistic
- Interest and willingness to continue learning about the industry in order to provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of Moorhead/Fargo area
- Knowledge of Minneapolis/St. Paul area
Redhead Creamery is an equal opportunity employer.
Hourly, starting at $16/hr. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please send resume, cover letter, and at least two references to email@example.com
- Safety Focus -
Redhead Creamery is currently accepting applications for a 1/2-full time assistant cheesemaker position. Time worked will include weekdays, some weeknights and weekends. 20–40 hours per week.
The position’s responsibilities will include assisting the cheesemaker with cheese production, affinage, packaging and shipping, cleaning, and sanitation, as well as routine taste testing. This position is responsible for helping to ensure that food products meet standards set by both company and regulatory authorities. This includes reviewing and developing quality and safety policies. Should be knowledgeable about food safety standards that are customary within the food industry and mandated by government regulations. Basically, if you’re a stickler for rules and like to cross things off your to do list, consider this position!
Additional opportunities will include interacting with consumers directly through trade shows, the Redhead Creamery on-farm cheese shop (including tours and special events) and private dinners, as well as assisting on the dairy farm side.
Farm and producer trips
20% employee discount
Applicants should be self-starters with a can-do attitude, and capable of working with a team or independently.
Applicants need to thrive in a fast-pace environment with varied responsibilities, able to lift 50 pounds easily and be detail-oriented. Dairy manufacturing and/or food background is preferred.
Willingness to learn and take on new tasks
Ability to work independently and with a team to carry out the standard protocols of the creamery
Food handling/safety experience
Evidence of effective oral and written communication skills
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, unassisted
Experience with FSMA, USDA or FDA food requirements
Degree in Dairy Manufacturing, Dairy Science, Food Science or related field
HOW TO APPLY :
Candidates should send a cover letter (include a detailed description of interests, skills, and experiences), résumé, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of two references. References will be contacted only for those applicants judged most appropriate.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. For further information, please contact Alise Sjostrom at 320–346-2246 or use the contact form here.