garlic Cheddar Cheese & Sausage Egg Bake
A good breakfast is the best way to get your day off to a great start. So why not prepare it the night before and make it easy on yourself? This recipe can be made savory or sweet. We like both versions equally, but had to share the cheese one for obvious reasons.
For the sweet version, simply replace the sausage and cheese with your favorite fruit preserves and bananas (or other fruit).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4–6 medium croissants, cut in half
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 sausage links, sliced
- 1 cup Redhead Creamery Garlic Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- In an 8×8 square baking dish, evenly place bottom halves of croissants, face down. Next, spread around the sausage slices over the croissant halves. Top the sausage slices with 3/4 of the cheese.
- In a glass measuring bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, and eggs. Pour half of the mixture over the croissant/sausage/cheese. Top with the remaining croissant halves, round side up. Evenly cover with remaining egg mixture and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour, up to overnight. *I make it the night before so it’s ready for breakfast the next morning.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place dish in oven and bake for about 30–35 minutes. It should no longer jiggle.
- Serve warm.