Battered brie curds
Decadent and easy to pop into your mouth, these battered beauties of brie are a perfect savory/sweet combo for summer spreads
Prep time : 25 min.
Cook time : 5 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 Little Lucy Brie
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and onion powder; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Whisk milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Cut brie in half, then in cubes before dipping in battter.
- Drop battered brie in 375* oil for about 30 sec, flipping to brown both sides.
- Serve with your favorite jam, honey or caramel sauce.